As we prepared for the Metro East Marching Classic, we realized that many band programs (as well as our own) are experiencing budgets cuts due the tough economic times. We put together some last minute fund raising plans that we hope will benefit all the bands during the MEMC. This requires a very quick turnaround so time is essential.
We had three photographers (including one professional) taking pictures of each of the bands during the Metro East Marching Classic. We are processing the images and will be creating a photo album on our website for each of the participating bands. We expect the photo album to be ready around Sept 25. We will provide your school with the link to pass along to students, parents and friends to view. We hope this contributes to the overall quality of our event. These photos will not be watermarked, and will be available to view and download for free.
In addition, we are providing the opportunity for your band to sell ads on the page we created for your band. These ads can be targeted directly at your community donors. Each ad sells for $100 and your band receives 50% of the proceeds. So, if you sold three ads your booster organization would get $150. We believe it would not be difficult to sell three or four ads. How will this benefit your band?
- We will take pictures of the event and create a photo album for you.
- If you sell three or more ads, we will send you a CD of the high resolution images. You can turn around and sell or give copies of the CD to students or parents in your own band. (This in itself can turn into a fund raiser )
- We create the ads for you. These are professionally done ads that can be used for future needs as well as the photo album.
- We place the ads on your band’s photo album located on our web site and provide you with the link. To see an example, go to http://www.othsband.com/palbum/index.php?level=picture&id=4825
- We provide you with the web site code and instructions that allow you to “drop in” the rotating ads onto your own web site. This enables you to extend the “shelf life” of the ads by not only selling ads for the MEMC but for your own web site as well.
If this fundraiser goes well this year, we plan on expanding this opportunity next year so that your advertisers will also get an ad in our program book as well as on the web site. We will provide you with much more lead time next year. Hopefully, this can become a way for you to launch your own year-long ad campaign.
If you have any questions, please free to call or e-mail us. Let us know if you are interested in participating, and we will send you additional information (such as ad sales forms, ad information, etc.) Remember, the turnaround time is very short this year so time is of the essence.
Beth and Jim Sheldon
Webmasters OTHS Band
Home Phone: 667-4636
Cell Phone: 954-9610 or 954-9611